Angie's Tuna Casserole

April 6, 2009

Okay, I've never been a Tuna Casserole girl, but my husband loves it and because this came from my good friend Angie, I decided to give it a whirl. I'll be making it this week, so I am trying it out at the same time you are. Let me know what you think!

ANGIE'S TUNA CASSEROLE

1, 16 oz box pasta (like shells, bow ties, or egg noodles)
1/2 c frozen peas
2 cans tuna fish
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/4-1/2 c sour cream (if you have-ta use mayo, you can)
dash of cayenne pepper (1/8-1/4 tsp)
a few shakes of garlic salt (1/2 tsp?)
1 c cheddar cheese
1/4 c fresh cilantro
crumpled potato chips

To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, include frozen peas. Drain.
3. In a bowl, mix tuna, soup, sour cream, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, cheese, and cilantro. Add pasta mix. Season to taste (additional salt and/or black pepper).
4. Transfer to 9 X 13 casserole dish.


To Freeze:
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil.

To Serve:
- Crumple potato chips by hand and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if thawed (40-50 minutes if frozen), or until heated through.

6 comments:

Emily April 06, 2009  

Hey, I just snipped a whole handful of cilantro and was wondering what to do with it...

Kerri April 06, 2009  

if ya cut out the peas and use a good veggie like broccoli or corn, i bet you'll like it a lot better!

Amber Zimmerman April 08, 2009  

I made this and it was fantastic! Def. a crowd pleaser. . .ALL 4 of my kids ate it and wanted seconds! That like never happens. So thanks! =) I made dinner rolls in my bread maker to go with it, so I totally felt like a Martha Stewart momma (except she would have made the rolls from scratch).

Emily April 16, 2009  

I made it and it is yum!

Angie April 22, 2009  

Wow! I'm surprised you tried it...and that all of these people like it! That makes me feel so good.

hiscrappergirl September 26, 2009  

it was super yummy!! my dinner swap group loved it!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A new recipe will be posted each Monday and, of course, you can always search the archives by category.

The Goal of this blog is not just to give you my recipes, but to teach you which ingredients freeze well, which don't, methods and tips to help you freeze your own recipes...because who knows better what your family likes than you?

Do you only cook organic? Great! Are you a vegetarian? No problem! Make what works for you and save time, money and (let's be honest...stress) while doing it.

The Freeze Happy philosophy has made my life better and I'm pretty sure it can improve yours too.

Legal Stuff

Copyright © 2008-2010 Emilie Ahern. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author unless otherwise noted and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP